Culture is the strongest signifier of California’s identity. As a state agency, the California Arts Council supports local arts infrastructure and programming statewide through grants, programs, and services.
Strengthening arts, culture, and creative expression as the tools to cultivate a better California for all.
A California where all people flourish with universal access to and participation in the arts.
- Community – Authentic intergenerational and intersectional connections
- Accessibility – Inclusion, simplicity, and ease, resulting in equitable participation
- Aesthetics – Recognizing all art forms and artistic traditions that enable full and meaningful creative expression
- Autonomy with Accountability – Empowered, responsible generation and allocation of resources
- Relevance – Broad influence, bold leadership, and synergizing collaboration for the present, with a sharp eye toward emerging developments and needs of the future
- Equity – Service according to the need to prioritize racial injustice, representation, and visibility of all groups
- Sustainability – Wise, impactful, and responsive growth
For more info: Visit Here